The CVWG dedicates this page for useful links, tips and others resources that novice to advanced turners may find useful.
- YouTube is a virtually university of wood turning education. Just a simple search using “wood turning” will get you started. Some popular turner channels on YouTube are: Capneddie, Carl Jachobson , Sam Angelo and Bob Hamilton
- Although http://www.alansfactoryoutlet.com/
alans-factory-outlet-guide-to-wood-turning/ is a commercial site for garages, shed etc, it has a lot of information on the basics of wood turning.
- A Circle Cutting Jig that you can Build by Fred Holder
- Woodworking Friends. A rather small message board user wise, with the main focus on wood turning but also has pages that cover flat work, segmenting, and the ring master lathe. A nice small community on this page. Free registration required.
- Woodturners Resource. A fairly active wood turning message board and ALOT of other resources for turning enthusiasts, so be sure to check out the other options of this website. Free registration required to view image downloads on message board.
- Sawmill Creek. One of the more active boards around. Message board has pages for many other wood working specialties. Like the Woodturners Resource besure to check out the rest of the web page for their many resources. Free registration required to view image downloads on message board.
- Small Goblets
- Creating Thin Stems
- Split Bowls
- A Homemade Caliper
- Lathe Mounted Drilling Fixture
- Stuff Every Shop Should Have
How to make your own
Kiln for Drying Wood
by Larry Zubke
Everything you wanted to know about setup, safety, cutting bowl blanks and how turners use the band saw
Sanding and Scraping
(The Unspoken Taboo of Woodturners)
by Mark F Palma